Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Whoaaa...heard some rumors that they may be performing together at the Grammy Nomination special---- Just saying that would be insane! Id love to hear Jennifer belt out You and I with Kristian....

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:23 AM

this would make my life!!!!!!

2. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 7:17 PM

i'm beginning to think i may be the only SL fan who isn't excited by the idea of this...

we all live with the scars we choose...

i got sweetened with sugar:
    10/11 o-town, fl
    3/11 jax, fl
    10/10 wpb, fl
    9/09 tampa, fl
    9/08 kissimee, fl
    3/08 plant city, fl

3. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:57 PM

BurningChrome wrote:
    i'm beginning to think i may be the only SL fan who isn't excited by the idea of this...

10/11 o-town, fl
    3/11 jax, fl
    10/10 wpb, fl
    9/09 tampa, fl
    9/08 kissimee, fl
    3/08 plant city, fl

No, you're not the only one. I can't really stand Gaga (or rather her antics; ie the crazy, elaborate outfits, etc) and I don't think this collaboration would work, not to mention J&K are like a million times better vocally than Gaga (which is not to say Gaga can't sing, because she is pretty good) and I just can't see how her and J's vocals would mesh well. Now if they wanted to do another collaboration with LBT on a Lady Gaga song (Born This Way, or maybe Bad Romance) I could more than live with that.

I was there:

2011~ Atlanta (10/22)

4. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:36 AM

gross, Goo Goo Gaga and J&K,no way bad idea.if i want a freak show i'll go to the circus, or downtown where i live. for this i'll need one hell of a drink,make it a triple----mark---
    SUGARTAZ

5. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 7:18 AM

SL + GaGa + Grammys + haters = BAD PRESS. Enough said. I really do not want to have people talking trash the next day. This outweighs my curiosity, thank you.
    "Little Miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about".

"Little Miss I'll get tough don't you worry about me anymore"

6. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I think Nettles and Sugarland are way too genuinely talented and gifted original artist to perform with some cookie cutter performer whose best asset is her agent… Not really liking the idea… That being said, whatever Nettles does is awesome… I luv her!!!
    Steve
    Will be at Allentown, PA
    Sept 2011

7. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Okay, so I must be in the minority here, but I think that whomever Jennifer and Kristian sing with it will be great. And, yes....I do like Gaga's music and not going to apologize for it. Sometimes, you just have to "Stand Up".

Primm 4/23/2010
    Albuquerque 7/29/2010
    Fan Jam Las Vegas 4/3/2011
    Las Vegas 8/27/2011

8. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM

GaGa and Sugarland awesome can it happen !
    ¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„? º¤ø„¸
    ¨°º¤ø„ Sugarland the best !! º¤ø„¸
    ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º? „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ Raymie

Where I've been Sugarfied
    O2 ABC Glasgow, 18/3/09

9. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Lady Gaga can sing with the best of them. This video is her singing the great Etta James song, "Someone To Watch Over Me.". She showed that her voice can stand by itself. I say Go For It!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu8nlxn596E
    Sugarland84

10. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Having seen both performers live, I think it could be something good. I would put Lady Gaga at the top of my non-country concert lists and naturally Sugarland tops Country and the combined. Lady Gaga does have an amazing voice, its not all about wacky outfits and sets. She did a few new songs at the show where you could actually hear her true voice and it was just her and a piano. She has a great message for her fans and puts on an amazing performance. Of course we all know the amazingness of Sugarland so I don't need to boast about them. Don't get me wrong, Im a little skeptical about it, but also excited to see what they come up with.
    Just my opinion, take it or leave it.
    "Is it the face of a child?Is it the fear of danger? Is it the kindness in the eyes of a stranger? Is it more than faith? Is it more than hope? Is it waiting for us at the end of our rope?

11. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:52 AM

woooooow a bunch of haters here in Sugarland....

12. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:57 AM

Just because GaGa may look/act different than everyone else, homegirl can still sing. That is exactly what is wrong with society. If you are different than the "norm" you are a "freak" and that is exactly what Gaga stands for. Jenn and Kristian stand for being who you are no matter what...

13. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM

i've got nothing against her, per se, i just don't like her music...and the fact that often her antics prove to be greater than whatever else she does...plus, i gotta ask, if the music can stand on its own, then why all the gimmicks?

10/11 o-town, fl
    3/11 jax, fl
    10/10 wpb, fl
    9/09 tampa, fl
    9/08 kissimee, fl
    3/08 plant city, fl

14. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Gaga has said numerous times (including live at the concert I attended) she dresses and acts the way she does, so that if there is another person in the world who is like that, they will have someone to relate to. I think I worded that correctly. She wants everyone to feel loved and and act like themselves, no matter who or what that is. Jennifer and Kristian feel that you should be who you are no matter what.

Correct me if I am wrong here, do those two sentences not sound almost identical. Yes, both artists show that in different ways, but the common goal here is for people to act the way they want. Whether you were born that way, or have developed that over your life, just rock yourself out.

Love both artists, as I have already said. Gaga has great tunes, the show is entertaining to watch no doubt, tells a story really. Sugarland also great tunes and great show. I am proud to be a fan of both, they both stand for so much and do so much. Rock on team gaga and team sugarland!

Stand up and use your voice!
    "Is it the face of a child?Is it the fear of danger? Is it the kindness in the eyes of a stranger? Is it more than faith? Is it more than hope? Is it waiting for us at the end of our rope?

15. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM

yes, exactly michelle!

16. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:37 AM

In the 1970's, a guy named "Elton John" came on the scene in his crazy costumes...as a teen at the time, I loved his music, and while I didn't necessarily "get" his outfits, I got his music. Now, decades later, Lady Gaga also sets herself apart with her sometimes outlandish "get-ups." I admit that now, MUCH older, I tend to roll my eyes at the antics, and really don't listen to much current "pop" music, but when I hear her, I really like her voice. Different generations, but both Elton and Lady Gaga have talent, about that there is no question.

I'm going to go to the Grammy Nomination concert on Wednesday...just to see SugarLand...of course my fingers are crossed that IF they are teamed with Lady Gaga, the performance is inspired and creative and truly amazing...

17. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 2:35 PM

KathieGunn wrote:
    In the 1970's, a guy named "Elton John" came on the scene in his crazy costumes...as a teen at the time, I loved his music, and while I didn't necessarily "get" his outfits, I got his music. Now, decades later, Lady Gaga also sets herself apart with her sometimes outlandish "get-ups." I admit that now, MUCH older, I tend to roll my eyes at the antics, and really don't listen to much current "pop" music, but when I hear her, I really like her voice. Different generations, but both Elton and Lady Gaga have talent, about that there is no question.

I'm going to go to the Grammy Nomination concert on Wednesday...just to see SugarLand...of course my fingers are crossed that IF they are teamed with Lady Gaga, the performance is inspired and creative and truly amazing...

I am amazed at how often you are saying exactly what I'm thinking. "Great Minds"? Have a fun time Wed.

Primm 4/23/2010
    Albuquerque 7/29/2010
    Fan Jam Las Vegas 4/3/2011
    Las Vegas 8/27/2011

18. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Someone posted what I guess was a tweet from Kristian on Facebook where he basically confirmed the collab. with GaGa. He said there was a surprise for Wednesday and he wasn't wearing a meat dress...I have to say that I'm actually a little curious now to see what goes down. Bewildered, but curious. GaGa just seems so out there and such an unusual choice (unusual does not mean bad).
    "Little Miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about".

"Little Miss I'll get tough don't you worry about me anymore"

19. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM

The song they are set to do is probably the most country type song, to me anyway, from Gaga. It is a song that was written with Mutt Lange, Shania's ex husband. The song honestly sounds a lot like a Shania song from her Up album era. It's called You and I. You can check it out here, this video is from Gaga's Thanksgiving special and I can honestly imagine Jennifer's vocals on it, completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLtmrWC4Xc

20. Re: Lady Gaga & Sugarland Collaboration?!?!

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I can't wait for this. This is one of the many reasons I love Sugarland. They are not afraid to step out of the country music box and try things because it is about the music, not the label!!! :)