Los Angeles

Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I got my tickets today for both Monday and Tuesday nights...since I'm now going alone, I decided to get a seat each night, and went the VIP route, so while I won't be in the pit, I'll be right behind it!

As the nights near, I hope many will join this thread, share which night they'll be attending, and make plans to say HI to other fans before the concert. This is really a great venue, and meeting up is easy...many of us did it last year at the Greek and had great fun (and this year, we MUST take group photos!)

Also, if anyone else bought VIP tickets and will be at the party, let me know...again, I'll be alone and would love to meet you!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Los Angeles

Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Hi Kathie! I will be at the show on Tuesday night (though I may give in and attend Monday also). My lame roomie bailed on me last minute and I didn't want to wait and get a bad seat, so I'll also be going alone. Hopefully as the show gets closer there will be a great group of us from the boards attending!

2. Re: Los Angeles

Sat, May 7, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Great....please, as the date nears, let's ALL make plans to meet. Will you be in the pit or do you have a seat? I have found going alone is not a bad thing at all...it frees me to visit with other devoted fans before the concert, make new friends (if even for one evening) and then once the concert starts, I can totally focus on the stage, the music and the incredible performances! Looking forward to meeting you, starwarz =)

3. Re: Los Angeles

Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Sooooooo if I move to Long Beach before the concert dates, I'm gonna try to make this one. I'll only be a 35 minute drive away AND I can take the Greyhound, which is only $22! Even if I have to get nosebleeds, I'm gonna try.

Edit: Not too keen on sitting on a bench, even though those are the cheapest seats, so I'll see about terrace seats.
    ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
    8.21.09-Cleveland, Ohio (My first Sugarland concert)
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Self proclaimed Sugarfreak
    Certified Sugarnerd

4. EmC avatar EmC

Re: Los Angeles

Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM

JenniferNettlesFan05 wrote:
    Sooooooo if I move to Long Beach before the concert dates, I'm gonna try to make this one. I'll only be a 35 minute drive away AND I can take the Greyhound, which is only $22! Even if I have to get nosebleeds, I'm gonna try.

Edit: Not too keen on sitting on a bench, even though those are the cheapest seats, so I'll see about terrace seats.
    ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

I hope you're able to go, but girl, the metro!! The blue line goes between Long Beach & Los Angeles!! No greyhound needed! (Not sure about how late it goes though.)

And there really aren't any bad seats at the greek, I promise! trust me, I've sat in every section of that venue, no joke. practically lived there for a few days/nights once.(you don't actually think they had that many extras when they film venues like that for movies...no they just make the ones they have sit in every freaking seat.)

5. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Allie...if you are in Long Beach in July and able to get to the Greek Theatre on Monday, July 25th, I'd like to give you the tickets I won from the radio station...they aren't in the pit, might be way in the back, but they are free, and yours....

6. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM

EmC wrote:
    JenniferNettlesFan05 wrote:

8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

I hope you're able to go, but girl, the metro!! The blue line goes between Long Beach & Los Angeles!! No greyhound needed! (Not sure about how late it goes though.)

And there really aren't any bad seats at the greek, I promise! trust me, I've sat in every section of that venue, no joke. practically lived there for a few days/nights once.(you don't actually think they had that many extras when they film venues like that for movies...no they just make the ones they have sit in every freaking seat.)

Really? Holy hot dog buns that is awesome!!!! I've never been to The Greek so I always base my assumption of seats on the Time Warner Ampitheater.

KathieGunn wrote:
    Allie...if you are in Long Beach in July and able to get to the Greek Theatre on Monday, July 25th, I'd like to give you the tickets I won from the radio station...they aren't in the pit, might be way in the back, but they are free, and yours....

OMG, really?? Thank you much! I'll have to let you know! We're hoping to be moving by June 30 or before the holiday. You are awesome! :DD
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

7. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Yes, Allie, really...once I saw that you might be in Long Beach, I thought I would offer you the tickets. They won't be sent to me until early July, so by then, if you've moved and can map out your transportation, they are yous. And if you can't use them, I'll find someone else once I have the tickets. I'm happy to do this and hope it works out =)

8. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Take the tickets Allie! You and your Mom deserve a SugarLand night and what a great night to share with your Mom.

Primm 4/23/2010
    Albuquerque 7/29/2010
    Fan Jam Las Vegas 4/3/2011

9. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Ahhhh! I will! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much Kathie, you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

10. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:17 PM

THIS is what the fan club is about.........and the family in here! love it!

07 - 2 shows ~ 08 - 3 shows ~ 09 - 5 shows ~ 10 - 6 shows ~ 11 - 4 shows *so far*

~Live Laugh Love

11. EmC avatar EmC

Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:28 PM

SugarAddict23 wrote:
    THIS is what the fan club is about.........and the family in here! love it!

07 - 2 shows ~ 08 - 3 shows ~ 09 - 5 shows ~ 10 - 6 shows ~ 11 - 4 shows *so far*

~Live Laugh Love

Exactly. Kathie, you are nothing short of amazingness. (And luck....do you have a count on how many concert tix you've won?! haha awesome.)

12. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Thank you all...I'm happy to be able to help, and share...and I would hope others would do the same if the opportunity came along...it really makes ME happy!

And Em, this is the third year I've won tickets to SugarLand...you got the first pair, my friends got the second, and now, fingers crossed, it will work out for Allie to have this third pair. Sharing the SugarLand Joy is fun all around =)

13. Re: Los Angeles

Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I am going to the Tuesday show with one of my best friends. We are going to be in the pit and I am so freaking excited I can't even wait! :)

14. Re: Los Angeles

Sat, May 21, 2011 at 8:13 AM

littlemiss42...hope to meet you! I'm not in the pit, but will be in the 1st row behind it Tuesday night, and will be roaming around before the show to say HI to everyone/anyone!

Allie, the tickets I won came in the mail this week...they are in the Terrace, looks like the back row, but that's off to the side, and I think they're pretty decent...holding them for you...hoping it all works out =)

15. Re: Los Angeles

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I'm very excited that these two shows are now less than three weeks away...

Two things...

1) Allie, are you going to be able to use the tickets I won from the radio station?

2) If anyone has two "decent" seats for sale, either night, I know someone interested...

Last year, LA sold out...this year, the two nights are giving more people a chance to see SugarLand (or people like me a chance to see them two nights in a row!), but there are still some tickets for sale...I'm hoping it gets to the "sell out" point again...

16. Re: Los Angeles

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Hi Kathie, my computer died almost two weeks ago, so my access is limited to the library.

As for Los Angeles...if I can somehow find a way to and from La Quinta, then yes. I won't give up now, even though it's like in two, three and half weeks. Unfortuntely, my mom's disability check only lasts a day as our bills are $600+ or so. I'll have to talk to my mom and see.
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

17. Re: Los Angeles

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM

HI Kathie Gunn!!! I have the Michigan show in 1 day!!! I want to fly down to LA just to go to a show with you!!! Hope you have fun.
    I lucked out and won a m&g!! Can't wait - have a good time!

18. Re: Los Angeles

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Hi Krista...come on down! Congrats on your m&g...have fun...report back, please =)

19. Re: Los Angeles

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Happy to report that I found tickets for my friend...sad that Allie can't use the tickets I won (I'm sorry), but I found another friend who is able to attend (and wouldn't have been able to be there otherwise). So, now I'm just counting the days...I've taken both Monday and Tuesday off for these concerts, so I'm just going to enjoy my escape to SugarLand world =)