Christmas Card Exchange?

Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Anyone up for it this year? I'll be happy to put the list together if anyone else isn't willing to :)

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 7:24 AM

I seriously was about to ask this! I enjoy doing this, though this year, I may have to send half in December and half in January.
    ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
    8.21.09-Cleveland, Ohio (My first Sugarland concert)
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Self proclaimed Sugarfreak
    Certified Sugarnerd

2. RE: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I still have everyone's up from last year on my wall. And I would like to add to it so sign me up :)
    Made of Blood and Love and Hope and Lust and Steam!

3. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Didn't do it last year, so you'll have to let me know how it works, but I'm in this year.

4. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:57 PM

y'all,i'm up for sending out cards. count me in----mark----
    SUGARTAZ

5. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I'm new here and just came across this post. Can you explain what the Christmas card exchange is? Thanks :)

6. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I am interested let me know what I need to do. Tks

7. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:01 PM

the xmas card exchange is list of people with name and adress that would like to send/recieve christmas cards.some are very creative with the cards they send. the person that make the list sends it to everyone via email that wants to be apart of this-----mark----
    SUGARTAZ

8. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I'm up for it. I was just thinking about what to do actually. I loved getting the creative cards everyone came up with last year. Its so much fun to get real mail that isn't a bill.

Shelby if you want, I can put together the list,

Everyone, Just send me a DM with your address and let me know you want to be on the list. We can do both an email list and a snail mail list. This way you can participate through email. We did this last year too. Send your name, email and address and put how you would like to participate. (ie via email or snail mail ) I will put together a list and send it via email to everyone on the list.

I think the list should be put together a good two weeks before Christmas. So, a deadline of Dec 10th. for your address.

Another thing I was thinking of was maybe we could all get together and send Christmas cards to our troops who won't be home for the Holidays. I will try to get an address, I had a friend just tell me about this, so I will ask her for the details.

Looking forward to the holiday season.
    ~Denise

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
    -Victor Hugo

9. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thank you so much Denise!

Sending you a DM now :)

10. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:22 PM

I have a friend currently in Afghanistan, so I'll see if he's up for receiving cards!
    ~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

11. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM

count me in!:)

littlemissSugarfan
    I was there: Cleveland 5/13/2011

12. RE: Christmas Card Exchange?

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 2:55 AM

yes I would like to do it again this year.

Crystal Maxwell
    146 Apodaca Lane
    Richlands, NC 28574

~1sugarfan2~
    Crystal Maxwell
    ~1sugarfan2~

13. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I loved it last year! I'm totally in! =] So creative and I also LOVE the idea of sending cards overseas to the troops =]

14. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM

My friend said he would be totally up for receiving cards! He won't be home for the holidays so little reminders of home would cheer him up
    8.27.11-Vegas baby!
    Certified Sugarnerd

15. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Ok, I checked into sending cards to the troops. They have to go through the Red Cross and must be postmarked by Dec 9th! Here is the address if you would like to send a card.

Holiday Mail For Heroes
    P.O. Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
    http://redcrosschat.org/2011/11/03/holiday-mail-for-heroes-2011/

The Red Cross distributes the cards and letters for the safety of our soliders and to ensure that they end up in the right hands, as the letter needs to be addressed to a specific person.

Ally, if you have a name and address for your Solider friend we can specifically add him to the list. As long as the letter is assigned a person it will go through.

Thanks to everyone who has already sent me a message, I'm in the process of starting the list. Getting excited for the mail.
    ~Denise

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
    -Victor Hugo

16. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:57 PM

i still dont get how this, works! can you send but not receive?

17. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 3:55 AM

Sugarlandfreak4eva_13 wrote:
    i still dont get how this, works! can you send but not receive?

Here's what we do. You, send me a direct message with your info (ie, name & address). I am compiling a list of everyone who wants to participate. Once the list is complete I will send it out Deadline Dec 10th. Then you send a card to everyone on the list, you will return receive one from everyone on the list as well. You can participate through regular postal mail (ie snail mail) or via email.

I hope that helps clear things up for all those who have questions.
    ~Denise

-Victor Hugo

18. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Would love to be a part of this again. Sending you a DM, Denise. Thanks for putting the list together!
    2011 - 10

19. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 6:19 AM

I'm so glad this is going to happen again...I really enjoy the card exchange and finding such fun mail in my mailbox!

Thank you, Denise, for putting the list together...I was going to offer, but you all beat me to it!

I would ask this...that any who are going to participate only via email clearly indicate that up front...last year, many people who signed up for "snail mail" bailed towards the end...so if everyone will just let Denise know which list (email or snail mail) they want to be part of, it will help those who are planning to buy/make cards to mail.

Bring on the fun!

20. Re: Christmas Card Exchange?

Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I am head of the game a bit as I have design and have my cards already. Was hoping this would happen again this year. Thanks Denise and anyone else for getting this going.
    Denise sent you message with my address.

Live, Laugh & Love.
    The Sugarland Way !
    In the pit @ Bloomingtom, @ Augusta, @ Nashville, @ Milwaukee, @ Indiana, @ Cuyahoga, @ Evansville, @ Chicago, @ Tuscaloosa, @ Rockford, @ Knoxville, @ St. Louis, @ Tallahasse, @ Atlanta.