Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I'm writing this as the whole stage collapse at the Indy State Fair story unfolds. While I've heard that a majority of the fellow #Sugarcubes are okay, there are still those who have been injured or have loved ones missing. I'm praying for every single one of them.

It is amazing how this community, my family, has gotten together to support one another after this tragedy. I am proud to be a part of this group of amazing people, people I've met through music. It's amazing how people are brought together through something as simple as a song, isn't it?

I am thankful for every single person Sugarland has brought into my life, and this tragedy made me realize just how much I appreciate and love each and every single person in my SugarFamily.

Keep praying guys, the folks of Indianapolis need us. WE are an Incredible Machine made of LOVE and HOPE. Shine the light on Indianapolis.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Sarah I completely agree with you! I will prayer and hope that everyone is okay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sugarland Concerts:
    2008-Verona,Ny-October 16
    2009-Big E Fair-October 2
    2010-Saratoga Springs,Ny-June 11
    2011-Boston,Ma-May 20

2. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM

i just tweeted this...

ya know...God picked the strongest group of fans to deal with this...He knew we could handle it and help "shine the light" for those of us hurt

i love my sugarfamily and am thankful!

07 - 2 shows ~ 08 - 3 shows ~ 09 - 5 shows ~ 10 - 6 shows ~ 11 - 4 shows

~Live Laugh Love

3. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Continued prayers will be needed for the four that didn't make it, those that were hurt and those that witnessed this accident. I also think we will need to keep SugarLand in our prayers that they don't carry any burden for this. Krista is so right about this incredible SugarFamily. It's our love that holds it all together!

Primm 4/23/2010
    Albuquerque 7/29/2010
    Fan Jam Las Vegas 4/3/2011
    Las Vegas 8/27/2011

4. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I have never been so happy to be a part of this wonderful group of people as I am now. I am so proud to call myself a Sugarland fan tonight. God knew what he was doing when he chose us to deal with this. The way we all came together tonight in prayer and good thoughts in amazing. I love you all so much, and my thoughts and prayers are continuing for EVERYONE affected by this terrible tragedy.
    Shea

*a heart must know the tears for it to recognize the laughter*

5.31.07- New Orleans, LA
    11.11.07- Biloxi, MS
    11.14.08- Lafayette, LA (FRONT ROW CENTER!!!)
    6.19.10- Bossier City, LA (FRONT ROW CENTER!!!)
    8.7.10- Baton Rouge, LA

5. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM

SugarAddict23 wrote:
    i just tweeted this...

ya know...God picked the strongest group of fans to deal with this...He knew we could handle it and help "shine the light" for those of us hurt

i love my sugarfamily and am thankful! awesome way to look at this and very true

07 - 2 shows ~ 08 - 3 shows ~ 09 - 5 shows ~ 10 - 6 shows ~ 11 - 4 shows

~Live Laugh Love

6. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM

All night, my phone has been buzzing with friend requests on Facebook, from people who until last night were unkown to me-and so, my Sugarfamily keeps growing.

It's beyond amazing how everyone has come together and been affected like this. My heart is broken for everyone that was there, injured or not, and for the five who are angels now. I've never heard of a fan base being close and connected like this, and I'm very proud to be a part of it.

Love to all of you.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    I was there~
    6/7/09 Pittsburgh, Pa
    5/15/10 Pittsburgh, Pa
    5/16/11 Pittsburgh, Pa
    6/19/11 Scranton, Pa (and got to meet them)
    9/3/11 Allentown, Pa

7. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 6:51 AM

What a wonderful thread...I've long held the belief that my life has forever been blessed by the amazing friends I've made since finding the joy of SugarLand's music, at an age when I never thought anything like this would occur. In the best of times, you all have brought me smiles and laughter, and in tough times, support and encouragement.

After this weekend, though, my pride in knowing each and every one of you has never been greater...Saturday night's sadness was shared as we all "looked" for our friends and prayed for all who were at the concert...the bond was so strong, prayers so evident...our hearts became one as joined hands coast to coast as a family, to hold up one another, those injured or lost, and SugarLand.

Together, yes, the light will shine for each other. Thanks to each of you for your friendship, and to SugarLand for bringing such strong, caring people together. My heart is full.

8. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I agree, Kathie, this is a wonderful thread. I am very thankful for all the friends I've made in such a short time. It's something you have to experience to understand. I think some of my "birth" family have thought I've lost it in the last week or so, telling them all about things I learned from my "sugar" family, which to them are complete strangers. My husband has been very supportive of my new connection to the outside world, but even he was a little perplexed after we found out about the collapse, as I started to ramble incoherently about who may or may not have been at the show. I was trying to picture in my head the avatars of the people who had talked about going. It was difficult because I was having a hard time trying to match the avatars with the correct people. I am doing my best to learn names, but I was getting screen names mixed up with actual names too. I even remember saying, "I know the guy with the Pokemon avatar was going" (sorry @PokeProfRich) and I knew I had read that Kathie was going to be staying with a friend while on a trip and couldn't remember if it was for this (You've been so kind and welcoming to me Kathie; I appreciate it.) I was really upset with myself when I realized that I had never confirmed with Meghan that she wasn't going. I had meant to ask her since she lives in Indiana. My mind was swimming trying to figure it out, and I couldn't just login and check it out because we were driving back from KY with little phone signal. When I finally could login, I was relieved to find out no one I knew was among the four (at the time) deaths, but my mind immediately started wondering who was among them. I am saddened by their loss, yet grateful for this wonderful community.
    ............................................................................
    I'll remember her in ribbons and curls
    LOVE my baby girl!
    ............................................................................
    Part of the Incredible Machine on 6/16

9. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Kathie - Thank you!

As some of you may remember, I started a new job a few months ago at a coffee kiosk inside the local hospital. Many personnel have seen my SugarLand tattoo so this morning I had many people coming over to ask if I was okay and if I knew anyone that had been there. All, offered up thoughts and prayers for continued healing.

I know what we as a family are going through, but I can only imagine what the entire SugarLand band/team and crew must be feeling. If we get to meet up in Vegas....please accept my appology now for holding you all tight and thanking God that you are in my life. This has been a tough one.

Primm 4/23/2010
    Albuquerque 7/29/2010
    Fan Jam Las Vegas 4/3/2011
    Las Vegas 8/27/2011

10. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

The concern and everything really was amazing. The fact that everyone was finding out who was ok and putting it up on twitter or facebook helped not only me realize Maria was ok before I found her, not that I really accepted it until I saw her, it also helped my friends and some family find out I was okay before I was able to get a hold of anyone. Since phone calls and texts were not going out or in I was really not able to contact anyone until about an hour and a half after it happened and then it was only my mom because it was a land line that others had to use. Besides that I wasn't able to post anything until about 1:30 AM. So thank you to everyone who spread the news about who was okay. Thanks for the tweets the posts and everything else. I know it helped a lot of us settle down a tiny bit and any help was appreciated at that point. This truly is an amazing community.
    ~Chelsea

"I'm So Sick And Tired Of Being Told What's Good For Me, People Got Lots Of Ideas Of Who I'm Supposed To Be."

11. Re: Love my SugarFamily

Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM

I feel so blessed to be a part of this INCREDIBLE community. The continued support and prayers are just amazing. Although I wasn't there in Indianapolis, these past few days have been very rough on me. It's tough to see people you love hurting like this. Whether it's Jennifer & Kristian, their crew or other members of this community, you never want to see someone go through something as tragic as this. It just breaks my heart to know that people are hurting.

But this community has been so incredibly amazing! It warms my heart to see everyone come together like this at such a tragic time. Like Krista said, God picked the strongest group of fans to deal with this...and I truly believe that.

Keep up the prayers and support. With time, we'll find the beat again.

Say.